I'd really like to build a kick ass web FTP and IDE that would be cross platform and simple to use. But before I invest a whole lot of time in it I just wanted to do a quick survey to see if it's even worth building.
If you're interested, please answer any or all of the following questions!
- Do you currently earn money from web design and development? Yes, No, Very infrequently
- How often do you work in these fields? Full-time, Part-time, As a hobby, Once in a blue moon
- What field do you primarily work in: Client-side Developing or Server-side Developing?
- How often do you use a web-based IDE? All of the time, Occasionally, Only when not at my primary computer, Never if possible
- When travelling without a Notebook/Laptop, do you have to occasionally work on your project from your mobile device?
- Which of the following do you own: Laptop/Notebook, Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Phone, Other Smartphone, Other Tablet Device
- Would you benefit from having the option to use a mobile web-optimized IDE for your Laptop/Notebook, Smartphone, or Tablet Device when needing to doing small or large amounts of coding while not at your primary computer?
- How much would you be willing pay per month to have a service like this, that would allow you to securely log in, store your FTP information, and work across multiple web-based platforms? $0, $0.99, $1.00 - $5.00, $5.00 - $10.00, $10.00+
- If a service like this existed, how frequently would you use it? For entire projects, Only when travelling/needed, Probably never